Musing's of the Niblet

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Miserable Day? Time for online shopping!!

I love shopping online. How can it be beat? You find the perfect item, order it quickly, forget about it just as fast and then like a month later, it's like Christmas in March!! (Well actually it is like Christmas in March...stupid snow!!)

I'd been eyeing up a really cool looking pattern online for Gypsy/Belly Dancing costumes. (No, I dont dance but I would like to. One of the New Years resolutions I plan to get to sometime before the next New Year.) So of course being stuck inside on a miserable day gave me plenty excuse to order it up. Now if only I knew how to sew better...

Admittedly, I dont sew a lot, in fact barely at all. But as my mother would tell you, that has never stopped me from finding a million patterns and bringing them to her doorstep with a thousand ideas and no clue how to get there. (If you guessed that my mother did the lion's share of the work then you're right on the money! I usually make sandwiches or make myself otherwise useful. I mean I'm not lazy I just cant sew!)

Here I am again, full of ideas on a grey March day, spinning my wheels until the pattern gets here and I wont have a clue what to do when it does. (Should have paid better attention in Home Ec class!)

Maybe mom will give me some pointers...I'll bring the sandwiches...grilled cheese anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment